Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Quantum II exam day

Just a short one today as I am sleepy and have lots that I should be doing.
Today was the Quantum Mechanics II exam. Oh joys! The day started at 0915 again with our first lecturer of AGF-304. The lectures were led by Prof. who was far too cheery for the mood that I was in. The lectures gave us an introduction to what radar was and types of arrays covering the Northern and southern poles.
The Quantum exam was at 1400 giving us two hours for lunch and last minute revision. Though having got the slugs from Flushed Away stuck in my head just an hour in cramming kind of flew out the window. The exam room had a nice relaxed atmosphere and with the papers being put in front of us at precisely 1400 the fun began.
Three hours and eleven pages later the exam was over and I was not sure if I should be laughing or crying. The questions were better than I expected and I had gone through them once very roughly within half an hour. This, however, does not really give that much of an indication of your success only a small outline of the sections you have a chance of understanding. I got seriously stumped by, what should have been a very simple integration which irked me no end. Though as we were told, at least we got out alive.
On the way home we once again stopped off at the shop. I think it might take a while for us to get into a food shopping routine. Then we headed up the hill back to Nybyen. When we got home we decided that before some revision we would watch the pilot episode of Firefly on the projector while we were having dinner. Fishfinger sandwiches and chips, also thought I would try fishfinger sandwich with chocolate spread it was surprisingly nice. This was all done with the intention of then getting stuck into some revision.
So here I am now procrastinating while watching the new NCIS and chatting on skype.
The next one will be after Friday’s exam and the Friday gathering so hopefully will have some videos of a fun night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment